Aloes were referred to a number of times in the Bible, and it is believed that what was biblically referred to as Aloes is the same plant that is called Sandalwood in current times.
In Song of Solomon Aloes was included in a list of the most precious oils.
- used to enhance meditation
- as an aphrodisiac
- as a perfume and for fragrancing bedding
- as a spice
- used in embalming
Current day uses:
- skin care
- supporting the female reproductive system and endocrine system
- to enhance sleep quality
- to help relieve various problems
Benefits and Uses:
- Very high in sesquiterpenes, which are very beneficial for brain health and emotional health. Sesquiterpenes have the ability to deprogram misinformation and to carry oxygen at the cellular level.
- Supports skin care, relaxation, hair care, and urinary tract health.
- Its fragrance is one of the most relaxing fragrances in the world.
- Diffuse or place a drop in hand, rub hands together, cup hands over nose, and breathe deeply at bedtime to enhance deep sleep.
- Use as men’s cologne. May combine with carrier oil if desired. Also great as an aftershave.
- Add 6 drops to running bath water to disperse or combine with bath salts for a relaxing bath.
- Use a drop or two for dry, chapped skin and wrinkled skin. May combine with carrier oil.
- For digestive support, rub on stomach area and feet vita flex points..
For animal care, this essential oil has been used as an immune stimulant and for various skin-type problems which commonly erupt around the face and muzzle of animals. It may also be used for cleansing and for skin and coat care. Can be included with other insect repelling essential oils to make a natural bug spray.
Men’s Homemade Sandalwood Cologne
- 5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 1 cup of organic sweet almond oil
- Glass roll-on tube or glass spray bottle.
Add sweet almond oil to an 8 oz glass bottle. Add all essential oils to glass bottle. Shake well. Add cologne to a glass roller bottle. Store remainder of cologne in the 8 oz glass bottle with secure lid. Store in a cool place.
To apply cologne: Roll cologne on chest and wrist.
This recipe created by my friend Maria at www.OurOrganicHome.com
- How beautiful are your tents, O Jacob, your dwelling places, O Israel! Like valleys they spread out, like gardens beside a river, like aloes planted by the LORD, like cedars beside the waters. (Numbers 24:5-6)
- I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon. (Proverbs 7:17)
- All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad. (Psalm 45:8)
- Nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with every kind of incense tree, with myrrh and aloes and all the finest spices. (Song of Solomon 4:14)
- He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds. (John 19:39)